Transition Stroud

This is a shared history blog. Together we can write the history of our process of transition as it happens.

Friday, 6 June 2008

Positive Vision

I was reading Rob's Transition book again and was struck by how important it is to have a positive vision. Since then I have heard several people talking about how they are feeling depressed or unhappy about the way things are and by what we are doing to our world and how we are behaving in our society. As Rob acknowledges and honours this and understands that we need to tell the story of how things are going wrong so that we start to do something about it he asks, "what would happen if we came at this the other way round, painting a picture of the future so enticing that people instinctively feel drawn towards it?"
While we recognise the negative, it is important to hold on to a dream. It is important to share that dream with others. It is important to make that possible future so bright, so real that we begin to believe it and live as if it were happening now. In that way we not only bring about that change but we become that change.
Let me leave you with something I have hanging in my room as a reminder. It is 'The Secret' by Christian D Larson (modified by The Secret 2007)

"I promise myself
To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person I meet.
To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet.
To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words but in great deeds.
To live in the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.




Enjoy the dream. Happy transitioning....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home