Transition Stroud

This is a shared history blog. Together we can write the history of our process of transition as it happens.

Tuesday, 22 April 2008

Transition Ambridge: Pat Archer comes to Stroud

In last night’s Archers, Pat Archer took another step towards setting up Transition Ambridge, as she prepared for a fact-finding trip to Stroud. The reference at the beginning to ‘King Cups’ is, I think, the name of one of their fields. Anyway, in this episode, she is talking to her husband Tony, about how her Transition research is going, and about her trip.

Pat. Do you want a hand with the milking Tony?

Tony. No, no. It’s useful having two of us coming down from King Cups (?), but I’m alright now….

Pat. OK, then I might sneak another look at the Net.

Tony. Oh yeah? Getting ready for your trip to Stroud?

Pat. Well, if I’m spending an afternoon discussing Transition networks, I ought to have some idea of what I’m talking about!

Tony. You seem pretty clued up to me Pat…

Pat. I’ve only scratched the surface. It’s fascinating though, I mean, when you look at what Totnes is doing…

Tony. Yes… I was more surprised by what they’re doing in Nottingham…

Pat. Oh yes… its not just little country towns…

Tony. It’ll be interesting to see it in action…

Pat. You don’t mind me taking a day off?

Tony. No, not at all, I’m all for it. The more we know the sooner we can get things moving in Ambridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home