Transition Stroud

This is a shared history blog. Together we can write the history of our process of transition as it happens.

Thursday, 3 April 2008

Personal Transition

I dropped in on a textile group meeting the other evening and met a group of wonderful people sitting around a table discussing possibilities for helping the transition process in Stroud and knitting, sewing and crocheting.
I was handed a pair of needles and some wool and encouraged to start knitting. I haven't knitted for a long time and wondered if I would remember. With encouragement I was able to design something and get started. Since that meeting I have created the beginning of a beautiful, multi-coloured jumper and as I knit I imagine designs for other clothes that I could wear for different seasons. I also wonder if I can encourage my daughter to make her own clothes and maybe start knitting or sewing.
This leads me to realising how important it is for people to get together to do things because it is inspiring and supportive.
I feel as though my own personal transformation has begun and I am not alone.
Thanks Textile Group.
Helen

1 Comments:

At 5 April 2008 at 03:06 , Blogger Zololkis said...

SECURITY CENTER: See Please Here

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home